Monday, December 15, 2008

Working out in the hail!!

Today it hailed. When I was crossfitting outside. I think that might be a first. It always amazes me just how many people show up to the 6am class even though its freezing outside (or hailing). Then again, I always end up showing up.

Workout - Ladder progression (i.e. 1st minute 1 rep, 2nd minute 2 reps - 15 minutes 15 reps).
Burpees and 50lb DB thrusters. If you can't finish then reset.

So I did up to round 6 (missing one of the thrusters) - then up to round 4 then up to round 5 again, missing the last two thrusters.

Total reps: 51 burpees, 47 thrusters.

This was absolutely brutal. First time doing 50 lb dumbell thrusters. That shit is significantly more difficult than the 45's. It requires way more stability. One thing I noticed is that I really need to work on midline stability. Its lacking and its going to flare up one of these days if I don't do anything about it.

Deeper Thoughts -

I am now in a period where I feel like I need to challenge myself on every occasion. I really enjoyed the fact that this was really difficult. Not from a lungs perspective, but from a strength perspective. I still need to focus more and more on strength, but hey this is definitely a start.

No comments: