Thursday, December 11, 2008

McFlurry and other thoughts

So yesterday I did Mcflurry. Its a workout for a guy named Miguel Flores, a crossfitter from the San Diego area. Miguel passed away on Monday from a car accident. From everything I have heard, he is a wonderful guy.

The story of Miguel and the tributes that have gone out to him make me think of my own legacy. Everyone that has known him has said that he was a tremendous crossfitter, but an even better person. This makes me wonder if people will think the same of me. I love the people in my life, work, and in other random facets. The one thing I want is to be remembered for being a great person. As people we have to constantly work to better ourselves. Although we may excel in one area of our lives, we may be underperforming in others.

This is the way I feel in my job right now. I am underperforming. Can I get back to where I was? That is difficult to say. But I know that I have to give my all in all areas of my life if I truly want to be remembered as someone that was loved by many people. Does this sound selfish? Yes, I think it does. However, I want to be known for treating all people as well as I can treat them. This is definitely a learning experience for someone who has been as self-centered as I have been during my life. This is a bit of a tangent, but I feel that it is necessary self reflection. There may not be a next time, so you better do the best you can now.

No comments: