Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dale Carnegie

As I all know (no "we" because I am probably the only person who reads this blog) I really enjoy my Dale Carnegie classes. This is the first time that I have been a graduate assistant, and its been great. Its actually quite a bit tougher than I originally thought it would be, but I have loved the challenge of getting up in front of the group more and more.

The difficulty that I have has been less in the speeches, but more in the various interlude things we do. This includes opening a class, preparing to lead groups, etc... I really want to be a DC instructor and the fastest way to get there is to get up in front of the class and become more natural. In the class last night I felt that I really did that. It was the first time I was comfortable. No flubs in the speech, but I do need to bring quite a bit more energy to the table. Next time....

1 comment:

Melissa Urban said...

Feel free to use the Royal We, because you've definitely got a loyal reader! I had almost given up on you, Hanson. Glad to see you're back to posting. I'll keep checking in on you!