Friday, December 19, 2008

Walk the walk and Zelen/Helercher

Wow. Simply wow. On Wednesday I pulled a double. First time doing it and it was simply awesome. Especially because the second workout may have been the best/funnest group camaraderie workout I have participated in. Here was the deal:

5 Person team - As a team you need to overhead walk (145lbs in our case) 4 laps to the fire hydrant and back. Only one person can carry at a time and everytime someone drops the bar the team has to do 10 burpees on the first lap, 8 on the second, 6 on the third and 4 on the last. We did exactly 5 rounds of five. My guess is we did about 150ish burpees. This was awesome due to the fact that I thought there was no way that I could walk 145 lbs over my head for more than 2 feet. I probably had my longest walk around 75 yards. Check the pic here.

Today we did a horrible zercher squat amalgamation. Basically it was helen with zerchers:

3 rounds
400 m run
21/15/9 zerchers at 135
12 dead hang pullups.

I did all zerchers unbroken. Mainly because I didn't want to put the damn bar down. Dead hang pullups suck, and I suck at them. This is a giant glaring weakness along with: strength, handstand pushups, and regular pushups. I am going to take a skill each month to try and improve. Deadhangs will be the first one to tackle.

Last Thoughts - I weigh more today than I have in probably 9 or 10 months. I actually think this is a good thing as I believe that most of the 5 lb weight gain has been muscle. I still need to make sure I am pushing the strength envelope, but in general I feel this has been an awesome week of PR's. We will see if I can make it to CF tomorrow morning after James' thing tonight.

No comments: