Friday, December 12, 2008

Jackie

Today was Jackie - 1000m row, 50 45lb barbell thrusters and 30 pullups - 8:33.

This was a great little workout. I had done this maybe 6 months ago with jumping pullups for about the same time. It was about when I first learned how to do pullups. Now that I am more than a year in it was good to get them all done. In my estimation I should be able to do this workout about a minute to a minute and a half faster. I could maybe take 10 seconds off the row and 20-30 seconds off the thrusters (btw did them without setting the bar down, but not unbroken). The pullups were the limiting factor. I came into pullups at about the 5:30 -6 minute mark and they took 2.5 minutes. Way to long. Next time I will get them in less than 2 minutes to bring my time in around 8 or less.

So I am skipping work today. Its not too often that I really skip work, so I am not sure how I feel about it. I am still not sure what I am looking for in a career right now, but either way, I feel that I need to decide if I am sticking it out with my job. The trouble seems to be that I don't really have anything else lined up. Lucky for me I always seem to be able to pull something through exactly when I need it.

On another note, I was having a discussion with a fellow Dale Carnegie participant this last week. I realized a couple things during that discussion. First, I realized that I am really missing a challenge in my professional life right now. I think that is part of the reason that I am embarking on this journey to be a speaker for Dale Carnegie. I really want to teach, and I feel that this is a good outlet for that. On top of that I realized just what I love about Crossfit. Its a challenge!! A real honest to goodness challenge. I need that in my life to continue my own personal growth. Its good to know this, now what to do with it....

No comments: