Thursday, September 18, 2008

What the Hell was I thinking

Ok so I came to Crossfit for my fourth day in a row. What the hell was I thinking? Boz was out of town, so Angel was there to give us a torturous workout.

5 rounds of
15 power snatch
9 burpee box jumps

17:38

Couple of things here. I was snatching 75lbs. Probably could have done more, but we don't do this movement that often and I would rather be safe than sorry. On top of that it was my fourth straight day. I have never been more bruised in my life. My legs are black and blue from mid-shin to upper thigh. This week was killer with 135lb power cleans on Tuesday, deadlifts yesterday and snatches today, my legs are absolutely black and blue. I am soooooo ready to take a few days off. I know that my body needs it.

Secondly, I have been having this conversation with myself about why I am doing crossfit (at least at this intensity). I think I found the reason in the bathroom a few days ago. I walk into a public restroom and see this old man. He is not homeless, but he is about my size and build. He has a cane, is permanently hunched over, and one of his eye's is bloodshot. I have no idea what happened to this man during his life. However, I know that I want to do everything in my power to not be where he is when I am his age.

No comments: