Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Chief!!! and some deadlifting

So last night was the Chief!! with KStar:

5 rounds of 3 minutes each with a 1 minute rest:

3 135lb cleans
6 Pushups
9 Squats

3.3, 3, 3, 3, 3

This was fun but tough. Seeing how this is the first time I have done that many 135 lb power cleans I was pretty stoked.

This morning was

3 rounds of Hydrant Run
12 185lb Deadlifts
21 box jumps
-10:52

This was a pretty killer follow up to yesterday, but also fun.

I am still beginning to wonder about this transition I am making. At what point do I really need this much fitness? As I continue to push myself and these workouts get harder and harder, what is this really doing for me personally? Is this the chance to tackle difficult things that I have never done before? If that's the case, should I maybe be climbing instead? Or hiking half dome? Or is this me making sure if I get into some crazy situation I have the fitness I need to do whatever it is I am going to do. If that is the case, what is it that is actually going to happen? And will me being able to do 50 155lb C+J in a workout really mean the difference between life and death? It kinda reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he is on a plane and he is demonstrating how reclining is death, and normal is life....Although, I recently found out that the reclining is death to the person behind you, because they might not be able to get out.

Anyway I am just babbling now. Thanks for listening internet.

No comments: